Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Mother is a GSIS and SSS Pensioner

My mom is a publich school teacher. That's the reason why she became member of the GSIS or Government Service Insurance System. And after retiring last 1998, my mom got the lumpsum of her 5 years pension.

However, after 5 years, my mom did not receive only the GSIS pension but also the SSS pension.

I thought at first that it's not allowed to have a GSIS pension and SSS pension at the same time. But my mom's experience taught me a lot of lessons.

Then when my father died, she even received half of my father's pension. So, she's now receiving three sets of pension.

It's nice to think of this thing. Remember a retired person still receives money.

Well, my mother invested her money to this. So, there's no wonder that she's now earning what she invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment